WonderCraft

Login or register!
WonderCraft

WonderCraft is a Minecraft server, that just may be the best one ever!

Suggestions on the CTF server,

daniel12913

Suggestions on the CTF server,

Post  daniel12913 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:32 pm

I have a couple suggestions for the ctf server. First, we need a CTF section and 6 sub sections in it which are News, Discussions, Suggestions, Operator Applications, Ban Appeals, and Ban Reports. In the Op app sub section, make 2 sub-subsections which are Accepted, and Denied. This is also where the Op app format will be (locked of course) and applicants will make threads for that. Here is also an Op app format that Acheron uses for CTF (copy pasted it):

This is the official Capture the Flag operator application format. Answer the questions as best as you can. Any CTF operator applications that don't use this prompt will be denied.

Basic Info

Name:

Age (optional):

Capture the Flag Information

Time spent on server (overall, not daily):

Do you have any experience as Op on other servers? (Please list them if so):

Points on CTF currently:

CTF Operator Questions

References (VIP+ players who support you becoming Op):

What is your definition of spawn camping?:

What would you do on the server when you become Op?:

Why are you better than someone else applying for Op?:

A player who's a higher rank is bothering you, what do you do?:

You see in the game-chat that someone Captured the Flag seconds after getting the flag. What do you do?:

You are Op, and you see a player with only a few games played, but thousands of points. What is wrong, and what would you do?:

In Closing

(Notes section, feel free to add any other info here):

Signed:

This format is strongly recommended becuase OpenCraft is a Jacob_ software(Acheron coded one themselves naming it McMarchiPants after our very own qmarchi and MrStupidPants). If it is not then the ctf server will suck, I'm not gonna sugar coat it. The Jacob_ software is the best software for CTF servers, if mdc makes the ctf server using Caznowl's software then it'll suck, 'nuff said. I believe that I should become an Op on the ctf server since I probably know more about it than most. And here is My Op format. Please reply if you agree on either the Op format, mdc using Opencraft, me being an op on it, all of the above, or nothing. Here goes:

Basic Info

Name: In-game I will be using my Smunches account(love the name Smunches Razz)

Age (optional):13

Capture the Flag Information

Time spent on server (overall, not daily): Well the server isn't up yet but I've been on WonderCraft for quite some time, and I was on the original MagicCraft shortly after it was created.

Do you have any experience as Op on other servers? (Please list them if so): Operator on old and new MagicCraft, God on WonderCraft, and my friend vladimort is campaigning for me to be VIP on Acheron CTF.

Points on CTF currently: Server isn't up yet...

CTF Operator Questions

References (VIP+ players who support you becoming Op): None, no one is op on CTF yet, so if you are stingray+ on Wondercraft (freebuild) then reply to this if you support me.

What is your definition of spawn camping?:This depends on if CTF will be Opencraft, but the defintion of spawn camping is when a player copletly blocks the spawn and killling player using tnt, mine, store, etc. if there is a way to get out of spawn then it is not spawn camping.

What would you do on the server when you become Op?: I would moderate the server, play with friends and make the CTF server a happy and fight free environment.

Why are you better than someone else applying for Op?: I am more familiar with ctf and more familiar with CTF rules, commands, etc.

A player who's a higher rank is bothering you, what do you do?: I would ignore the player, if the player continues I would leave the server and come back later.

You see in the game-chat that someone Captured the Flag seconds after getting the flag. What do you do?: I would go on /hide and see if the player is on wom or respawning. If the player is doing one or the other, I would first warn, if they continue I would kick, if the player comes back I would warn one last time and of the player still doesn't listen I'll smash my Ban Hammer on them.

In Closing

(Notes section, feel free to add any other info here):

Signed: I think I would be an exeptional operator on the CTF server since my background is all mostly ctf, and I would keep the server at it's best.
    mdc31997

Re: Suggestions on the CTF server,

Post  mdc31997 on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:06 pm

Umm... On the www.wondercraft.org/classic forum that is still in progress but you can sign up and stuff, there is a CTF section. I may or may not make you op of the section and server.... you'll never know... right now I just need to find somewhere that has at least 512mb of ram to host the server on.
    daniel12913

Post  daniel12913 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Also, if you are looking for a good foru format/software then heres one that Acheron uses and it's quite nice. You can easily sign-up, there are blogs, you can follow people, you have your own profile, and lots more stuff. @Mdc You can make people Admin's of the forum or for a certain section. http://190.245.74.29:25560/forum/index.php

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:39 am